It is what it is

My photo
Colorado Springs, CO, United States
If there isn't a God, nothing matters; If there is a God, nothing else matters...

Monday, April 21, 2008

What will you do?

Many of His disciples said, “this is very hard to understand, how can anyone accept it?”

Jesus was aware that His disciples were complaining, so he said to them, “Does this offend you?”

The spirit alone gives eternal life
Human efforts accomplish nothing
The very words I have spoken are the spirit and life
But some of you do not believe me
This is why people can’t come to me unless the Father gives them to me

At this point many of the disciples turned away and deserted Him. Then Jesus turned to the twelve disciples and asked, “Are you going to leave?”

Simon Peter replied, “Lord, to whom would we go? You have the words that give eternal life…we believe and we know that you are the Holy One of god” John 6:60-70

The very words Jesus has spoken are the spirit; Jesus alone gives eternal life. So Jesus asks you, “Are you going to leave?” Just like Peter, I confess, where would I go? Jesus alone gives life…
Thank you Lord that you are intimate. Give us life. Give us hope. Give us passion. Human efforts accomplish nothing. You are the source of life.

No comments: