It is what it is

My photo
Colorado Springs, CO, United States
If there isn't a God, nothing matters; If there is a God, nothing else matters...

Monday, April 21, 2008

God is personal

I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you. Ps 32:8

Instruct, teach, counsel and watch over; these are all promises that God makes to us in our own personal journeys. These are not qualities of a distant God.
I struggle with the idea that God thinks I’m important. That God would care enough to be involved in the day-to-day grind of my life. But God promises that not only does he care but that he will teach us through our adventure. Counsel us in times of need. Instruct us in His agenda. God does watch over us intimately, moment-by-moment He is by our side. God’s promises are real, but do we believe them?
God is Faithful, God is good, God is personal, and God is a redeeming God.

No comments: