It is what it is

My photo
Colorado Springs, CO, United States
If there isn't a God, nothing matters; If there is a God, nothing else matters...

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

~The love of my life~

It’s funny how God works in relationships. My beautiful wife is my world. Though we are not perfect, at times it just feels perfect. At other times it feels not so perfect. But in those situations, when we are butting heads, God reveals to us individually and as a couple who we REALLY are. Because of pride I often stomp on her as my delicate flower. Mallory’s attitude simply reflects how I treat her. If I’m being stubborn, selfish and prideful ~ then she becomes critical and sarcastic. If I am open and sharing, then she is responsive and delicate. She is my love, my voice, and my heart. I love how I can experience just a glimpse of true intimacy with God when I spend time with her.

Most of the time, I am not so good with words, but she completes me. Literally, she can put what I am thinking into brilliant thoughts, even when I cannot think of a single word. She is my Aaron when I am Moses.

My wife has one passion; family. This is hard for me to understand sometimes, because my passion is ministry. God has wired her to care more about her family than anything on this planet. Our son Ethan is her world. Time with her parents and sister help her to feel refreshed. I often feel discouraged if she seeks advice from anyone but me, but really, she is just looking for affirmation from those she holds so very close to her heart. My wife’s heart is to be admired. God has not wired us the same, which is very good. My passion and desire is to change people’s hearts and perceptions. Without the love of wife that fills my world I could not do this. I love that my wife cares so deeply for those in her life. It makes me feel complete, whole, and thankful that I know her.

Mallory, I love you…

No comments: