It is what it is

My photo
Colorado Springs, CO, United States
If there isn't a God, nothing matters; If there is a God, nothing else matters...

Monday, April 28, 2008

Dealing with my past?

For the last week I have been haunted with my past. Last night I tossed and turned with gutting twisting emotions. I can’t seem to get over the pain I’ve caused others to have and the pain caused to me in past relationships. These relationships where ten years ago and the emotions of them came flooding back like they were just yesterday. I have walked all over a lot of girls. I’m not proud of it, but it’s an honest part of my past. I can’t help but to wonder what kind bitterness I have created in many people’s lives by my immature actions when I was a mere teenager, and if this bitternes still haunts them today.
I know that God forgives me, not because of anything that I do, but because of what He has done in Christ for me. But, do I forgive myself? Not to justify any of my stupid actions in the past, but to know that I am a different person because of God and forgive myself. If God can forgive me, why can’t I forgive myself?
I wish I could take it all back. I wish I wouldn’t have taken advantage of so many situations for my own desires, but instead to look at the heart of God’s children. So many people are hurting, empty, and looking for love in all the wrong places…

No comments: