It is what it is

My photo
Colorado Springs, CO, United States
If there isn't a God, nothing matters; If there is a God, nothing else matters...

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Old toys

One of the many benefits to having a little boy is getting to break out the old toys. I got excited to see what all I had kept, so I pulled down four boxes worth of my old stuff from the attic. to say the least, it has been an awesome last couple of days. I got to look through some of my remote control cars, old Lego sets, WWF wrestling figurines, match box cars, basketball collecting cards, and GI Joe sets. Ethan has been so excited about it all. One day we were WWF wrestling champions, orchestrating a royal rumble on the living room floor. The next day we were US marines, conducting a mission to destroy all non-GI Joe combat teams. This morning we were race car drivers, hosting strip racing for all matchbox cars that were interested in the challenge.

The most heart warming part for me was watching the curiosity in my sons face. I literally got to see him figure out how to use a remote control car. To see him put two-and-two together made me feel like crying. It was awesome. I know I'll have to put away a lot of these toys till later, but it made for a memorable weekend...

No comments: