It is what it is

My photo
Colorado Springs, CO, United States
If there isn't a God, nothing matters; If there is a God, nothing else matters...

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Swimming

Blogger question- When you open your eyes underwater, do you ever worry that you'll drown?

This is a stupid question but funny non the less. When I read this question I think its asking me that when I open my eyes underwater do I then realize that I am actually under water and there is a possibility that I won't get back to the surface? I suppose so. But you have to understand how bad I am at swimming. I just kinda flounder and gasp for air. That's pretty much it. I've watched many good swimmers at the gym and on television and they make it look so smooth and almost poetic. Me, I panic the minute I start swimming and have to stop and gasp for air. I hate the water, but for some reason I love it all the same. Opening my eyes underwater actually kinda helps me to calm me down, its the trying to pretend to swim part that makes me worry I'm going to drown.

No comments: