It is what it is

My photo
Colorado Springs, CO, United States
If there isn't a God, nothing matters; If there is a God, nothing else matters...

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Reflecting

I was running the other day past a church and the church had a little bench in a quite remote spot in the woods that had a sign posted saying, “a place for prayer and reflection.” I thought to myself, that’s silly. We as Christians really do legalistically overdue things. Why do we need a special bench for this? I think we get too spiritual. However, it did make me start thinking thought about my reflection time. Do I reflect on life? Come to think of it, I do. I spend a lot of time reflecting on life. In fact my whole workday is reflection for me. I drive around town with the radio off and just think about whatever floods my mind. Lately, I have been reflecting on all the past relationships I have had. I did a service call to a house the other day that just so happened to be the mother of a very old friend of mine. It has brought up a lot of deep emotions for me. I have had a lot of heartbreak lately over the relationships of my past that just seemed to have disappeared into the abyss. I have had several different groups of really close friends throughout my life and each has seemed to just come to a quick end. It breaks my heart to think how I just kinda stopped talking to everyone and moved on to the next stage in my life without so much as a second thought. Well now it seems to be biting me in the butt. I really do long to have a continuing deep friendship with all of those I truly did love.

No comments: