It is what it is

My photo
Colorado Springs, CO, United States
If there isn't a God, nothing matters; If there is a God, nothing else matters...

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

23 Minutes in hell

I just finished a book called 23 minutes in hell. To tell you the truth I'm not sure how I feel about it. It was a very interesting read, but disturbing. He is either lying or we are in deep trouble. I found myself drawn to it and I couldn't put it down. The toughest part is I found myself wondering if this was really true or not. The guy claims to have spent 23 minutes in hell and shares his eye witness testimony of the complete horror he felt. It is very hard to just assume he is telling the truth but he seems to tell a very genuine story. Hell seems to be a place of rotting, unbearable heats, stenches, pain and mind numbing insanity. Although if you picture life without God (rest, peace, safety, protection, wisdom, strength) I guess Hell is what you got left... What's amazing is, we chose this path because of pride. It's already taken care of and God doesn't want us in this place. Hell was made for the fallen angels, not us. We're just too damn stubborn to do it His way.

No comments: