It is what it is

My photo
Colorado Springs, CO, United States
If there isn't a God, nothing matters; If there is a God, nothing else matters...

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

23 Minutes in hell, part 2

OK, so I'm sitting here thinking about that book "23 mintues in hell." He specifically remembers the absolute complete isolation and torture he experienced in hell. And because of this, he also remembers thinking how much he missed the relationships he had in his life. He wasn't thinking about the newest toys, his house, his career, or his golf swing. He desperately missed his wife and those he loved.

Outside of God, there is only complete isolation. If God is love, there can be no relationships outside of His presence.

This makes my heart very heavy. Those who know me, know that I'm not a relationship pro. I'm terrible at calling and developing relationships. Why? oh, probably because I'm too busy worrying about our future, money, the house, chores (the never ending to-do list). You know, stuff that doesn't mean a damn thing in the end. I have a hard time developing intimacy because I don't want to let anyone in. But in the end, what am I really losing?

No comments: