It is what it is

My photo
Colorado Springs, CO, United States
If there isn't a God, nothing matters; If there is a God, nothing else matters...

Friday, June 13, 2008

P.S. I Love You

Mallory and I just saw the movie “P.S. I love you.” This is a terrific movie. It is a romantic heart wrenching film. Three main characters stick out to me:

  1. Of course the main actor, who dies. His sacrificing love is intimidating and inspiring. I often found myself in awe of his patience with dealing with a seemingly pushy and demanding wife.
  2. The widow: Her character displays everything we never want to go through, but something all of us have dealt with. There is an honest longing in her heart for passion.
  3. The Mom of the widow: This lady was the most powerful for me. A woman plagued with bitterness. Her husband left her and she wants the world to know it by ruining love. Toward the end of the movie she says “I’m been angry for a very long time now, and I’m exhausted.” The moment she said this my heart stopped dead in it’s tracks. Here is a lady who forgot how to love. If anything, this movie subtly reminded me that I have forgotten how to love. I’m so busy being pissed off, that I forgot how to love.


No comments: