It is what it is

My photo
Colorado Springs, CO, United States
If there isn't a God, nothing matters; If there is a God, nothing else matters...

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

What a great day!

In the midst of chores piling up, projects to be done, massive financial bills in store for the future, a dirty house, a car with its check engine light on, and a pregnant exhausted wife, today was fantastic day. We took thirty bucks and had a kick ass afternoon! After a morning of playing and decent nap for Ethan, we went swimming at the YMCA, caught a 4:40 showing of tangled at the dollar theater, played an arcade game and kicked some alien tail, and used a coupon to eat at Chilli's.

Oh yeah, and he pooped. I repeat he pooped! Ethan pooped, holy guacamole, he actual can do it! God Bless him, he actually did it! Who would have known that one day in my life I would want to dance because of someone else pooping. My sons stubbornness and desperate ambition to give me an early heart attack, makes me want to scream and rejoice because of a simple bowel movement. No kidding...

Ah, what a day. Screw the house and its filthiness, screw the mountain of laundry, screw the car and its stupid engine light, screw the never ending chores and projects. It can all wait for another day and for me to give a crap. Hello carefree afternoon with my family. Life is good.

No comments: