It is what it is

My photo
Colorado Springs, CO, United States
If there isn't a God, nothing matters; If there is a God, nothing else matters...

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Anticipating Tragedy


So, the flight to Florida was excruciatingly painful. We were rocking and rolling for the last 30 minutes of the the flight. There were several times people would audibly gasp from the shaking and dropping on the plane. We had to come in through a pretty intense spring shower, so we spent the whole decent in the clouds. I had the window seat and couldn't see anything but clouds. I remember thinking that several times we were just going to fall too much and slam into the ground. My heart was pounding, my adrenaline was rushing, and I was FREAKED out.


All I needed to calm down though, was to to look to my right and see my wife and son. Mallory was calm and beautiful and Ethan thought it was fun. I don't understand them, but I think they keep me from having a heart attack!Whats weird, is I knew I was in store for something. The night before I couldn't sleep. I keep thinking about the plane trip and an unusual anxiety was taking over. Granted, I'm not much of a flier, I tend to dread it with every fiber of my being, but this time was stronger than usual. So I got about 3 hours sleep. I also spent the whole flight into Tampa anticipating tragedy. I kept thinking about all the tragedies around the world that take innocent peoples lives. High-jacked planes, car wrecks, murder victims, violated personal security, malfunctioning mechanics, you name it.

Is God a God of love? yes. Does tragedy happen? yes. Am I excluded from tragedy? no. Do I live life in a bubble of false security? yes. So during these rare moments where I get beyond my own ego, I sense reality. I can sympathize with those around us who not only fear tragedy, but have had to endure it. This is not morbid. This is not paranoia. This is living with a sense of reality.


Do I trust God? absolutely yes. Do I fear God? yes. Do I think I'm excluded from tragedy? sometimes. Am I wrong? yes. BUT, do I trust God? absolutely yes. God is True and God is Righteous. I find peace in those two words: True and Righteous. Whatever happens will be True, will be Just, and will be Right.

No comments: