It is what it is

My photo
Colorado Springs, CO, United States
If there isn't a God, nothing matters; If there is a God, nothing else matters...

Saturday, November 15, 2008

money, money, money

So i was at this customers house the other day and the man lived down by the Broadmoor hotel, to say the least he had a huge house. We got to talking about his past and it turns out he was a stock broker. The man told me in 1980 he claimed more than a million dollars on his w-2. That is sick! And you know, it actually made me envious. He doesn't have to worry about the stock market. He doesn't have to worry about being layed-off. He doesn't have to worry about brushing off all the s*** that gets dumped on a person like me. He retired at 47 years old.
If he did it, why can't I? I know I'm not supposed to covet my neighbors stuff, and honestly that's not the direction I'm trying to go with this. I am wondering why I haven't pursued anything else. Am I just supposed to work for a pathetic wage for the rest of my life? I doubt it. Here is a man who is a self made millionaire. Everybody has the opportunity. So, why can't I make something more of myself? My wife would love to stay at home. She would love a bigger house. I know the Broadmoor is a little bit of a lifestyle jump, but even just something besides our cookie cutter house now. I know I can do it. I know I am a whole lot more capable than some of these jerks. I feel like something is holding me back though. Is it fear? Ignorance? I guess I'm comfortable where I am and so I just keep waiting for something else to be handed to me (maybe Obama will hand me everything, like he promised). I don't know what I supposed to be, but I am tired of worrying if tomorrow we will be in bankruptcy and foreclosure. I just want to know my family will be OK, and that I am not wasting my life unnecessarily shoveling piles of crap for pathetic pay... Then again, at least I have a job.

No comments: