It is what it is

My photo
Colorado Springs, CO, United States
If there isn't a God, nothing matters; If there is a God, nothing else matters...

Friday, July 11, 2008

The year of living biblically

I just finished The Year Of Living Biblically, by AJ Jacobs. What an awesome book! I loved it and look forward to reading it again. I highly recommend it. It's not your typical modern day action packed thriller, instead it is just a guy wrestling with life and the good book.

AJ spent his year trying to fulfill the bible literally and interviewing every denomination he could manage to get his hands on. A fascinating observation he made throughout his year: The year showed me beyond a doubt that everyone practices cafeteria religion (picking and choosing what we want). It's not just moderates. Fundamentalists do it too. They can't heap everything onto their plate...

No comments: