It is what it is

My photo
Colorado Springs, CO, United States
If there isn't a God, nothing matters; If there is a God, nothing else matters...

Friday, July 11, 2008

Maturity, me?

It took me 27 years but I finally admitted it. Yesterday I came to the realization that I don't want to grow up. I desperately hold on to immaturity, not wanting to give it up for an appropriate adult/parent lifestyle. I struggle with being the man I know I should be and the man I tend to revert to to avoid life. I have a habit of running away from life and looking to temporary highs to get me by. Obnoxiously goofing around, drinking, control, lustful desires, anger, you name it... I know this is not just how I was wired because all these things leave me feeling empty and stupid.

The issues becomes: How do I let go of the temptations to grab real fulfillment? How do I let go of the matchbox car so I can hold my dads hand? If ever there is a time for God to work, it is now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If ever there is a time God is working, it is now!