It is what it is

My photo
Colorado Springs, CO, United States
If there isn't a God, nothing matters; If there is a God, nothing else matters...

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

2011 Woodmen Valley Mens Retreat

So I'm just getting back to life as I know it. The Men's retreat was this past weekend (started Friday and ended Sunday). So my "vacation" has officially ended. No more Florida, no more men's retreat on the horizon. From here on out, its all about baby nugget.

So how was the men's retreat? I have no other way of putting it except life changing. I went up not expecting much at all, this was my fourth retreat and the last couple had been kind of weird, however this year was a life changer for me.

It was interesting to hear what "themes" God was laying on people's hearts every day as they worked through whatever God was doing in them. For many people, it was Grace and God's love. For me, it was Fight (for my marriage, for my kids, for my faith, for Christ) and it was also Trust (trust God, no matter what life brings, trust in Him). I keep hearing this message over and over again with every sermon given.

What a weekend it was! 6 sermons total, tons of scripture, lots of time to meditate. I laughed, I cried multiple times, I debated, I relaxed, I trusted, I saw God's face and found comfort in knowing I am His. I found a love for my Brothers. I adored and treasured my wife and how much she means to me. I dug deep into what my family really means to me.

What do I practically take away from this weekend:
1. Relationships matter! I need brothers around me that I can laugh and cry with.
2. Prioritize life: 1st love Christ, 2nd love Mallory, 3rd love Ethan and Nugget, 4th love family, 5th love brotherhood, then passions and work.
3. be the spiritual leader God has called me to be (lead with prayer, and love)
4. repent of selfishness: pray, tithe, love (open up my heart), quit being so selfish and critical, consumed by what life hasn't handed me instead of enjoying what God has.

No comments: