It is what it is

My photo
Colorado Springs, CO, United States
If there isn't a God, nothing matters; If there is a God, nothing else matters...

Friday, May 30, 2008

The movie: Signs

Signs is one of my all time favorite movies. In the movie, a man gives up on God because of a tragic accident. He states that he will no longer waste any of his life on prayer. This is a fantastic depiction of how I sometimes feel when something seems to be ripped from my hands. Is there even a God? Why am I wasting my time doing this and that only to be left feeling abandoned instead of blessed? Signs dives deep into the sense of abandonment this man feels from God. The end of the movie gives a chilling analogy that there are no coincidences. Everything has happened for a reason. I found myself in awe with goose bumps. A sobering reality: life is not random, whether I like the circumstances or not.

No comments: