It is what it is

My photo
Colorado Springs, CO, United States
If there isn't a God, nothing matters; If there is a God, nothing else matters...

Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Shack

I just finished reading a book called "The Shack." There is no doubt in my mind that this is my favorite of all time. I have had a lot of people warn me about it's theology, but I loved it none the less. The book is about a guy who meets God in "the shack." I'm not looking to the book to be my bible, but I totally long for parts of it to be true. I know it's piece of fiction literature, but it does a really really really good job of making God real and accessible. I appreciate that. Especially when I'm going through my own ups and downs, wondering where God is in the midst of it all. I can't wait to read it again...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoops! Didn't read all the way down on your blog; you have read "The Shack"! I agree with you; a lot of people disagree with the theology, but most of the people I've talked to absolutely loved the message. I know David & I will both read & reread it.

clockhart said...

This is by far the Best BOOK EVER!!! I want to tell everyone about it. Jamie and I just read it and bought one for dad.